The Engineering and Manufacturing industry will become increasingly global by 2020, with around 80% of manufacturers expecting to have international operations, according to Capgemini.
The Engineering & Manufacturing industry has been facing very tough competition for more than 10 years, and has been under pressure to reduce costs and improve production efficiency.
With the rise of emerging markets offering more cost effective and time saving solutions, the E & M industry must innovate and be more responsive to market changes. Furthermore, nowadays consumers are expecting product personalisation and customization, meaning E & M must offer added value to ever more demanding clients. Advances in Robotics may help decrease production expenses, by reducing time and cost and adding more flexibility.
Furthermore, the progress of technology is increasing exponentially; it may generate a shortage of workers on the factory floor. The manufacturing sector will become highly skilled, and successful firms will hire qualified leaders and managers with solid commercial and technical expertise.
McKinsey & Co has stated that innovations create additional demand, and that global manufacturers will have substantial new opportunities for years to come – but in a much more uncertain environment.
Emerging technologies are overcoming these new challenges and providing a host of opportunities to rethink industrial plants, paving the way for new industries:
– NTIC and the digital revolution: built-in sensors, connected machines and products, online communications, mobile devices, virtualization – New materials: composites, nanomaterials, etc. – New production techniques: additive manufacturing, metal casting, etc. – “Combinatorial processes”: recovery, integration, etc. – Human reinstated in industrial plants: robotics, augmented reality, etc
Founded and managed by experts, Morgan Philips Engineering & Manufacturing is leading the market with its resources and its unique hiring strategy; our goal is to contribute to the long-term success of your business.
SECTORS OF EXPERTISE:
– Energy: Nuclear Energy, Thermal, Combined Cycle (Electric power generation), Biomass
– Life Science: Consumer Goods, Biotech Pharma, Cosmetics
– Metals and Materials: Steel, Aluminum, Glass, Cement
– Industry: Automotive, Aerospace, Automated Logistics, Special Machines, Additive Manufacturing (3D), Robotics, Watchmaking, …
GLOBAL PRESENCE – GLOBAL NETWORK – LOCAL PARTNERS
Morgan Philips Executive Search has an international presence. Within our Engineering & Manufacturing practice we have dedicated consultants in each office. Our objective is to be your local partner for either local or international search and selection assignments – recruiting unique profiles within our sector of proficiency.
MARKET SCREENING AND TALENT MAPPING
Specialized in the life cycle of industrial production, we offer a unique expertise – by identifying, following, retaining and developing talents and skills in a highly competitive technological environment.
RESEARCH AND HIRING STRATEGIES
For many years now we have been providing support to international companies with specific needs. Our head-hunters will provide the best expertise with an international perspective.
Due to the market knowledge of our team and our innovative sourcing, we have been able to complete assignments worldwide – from Management level up to Board Member positions.